Guidelines for photographers submitting work to The Daily Frame!
• What is The Daily Frame?
At the rate of once every 24 hours, The Daily Frame features a photograph of/from/about the Las Vegas and its brilliant, creative inhabitants.
Click here to view today’s Daily Frame.
The Daily Frame is the signature project of “Our Las Vegas,” a cultural animation public art project that celebrates the fierce and passionate connection that local and out-of-town artists, fiction writers, photographers, musicians, journalists, dancers, designers and other creatives make with “The Radiant City.”
The photographic work of over 100 creatives has been featured to date.
We encourage all Las Vegans to submit work for consideration. Your photographs can feature any aspect of the landscape and life in Las Vegas.
• How do I submit work?
Applicants are invited to submit up to five photographic files in .jpg format via email to our las vegas gmail com. See technical details below.
Accepted work is featured on a rolling basis.
• What can I submit?
While all photographs will be considered we also hope to highlight a few series in the months ahead, including the following categories:
Las Vegas at Work – celebrating Las Vegans that keep the City bustling with activity
Las Vegas Creatives – portraits of Las Vegans – photographs in this category should include the name of the people featured in the portrait, along with brief biographical information.
Downtown Las Vegas
In the Neighborhood
Poolside (ideal for display during the hot summer months)
Around the 18b
Las Vegas at Night
Women Behind Bars– a tribute to Las Vegas’ female bartenders
Las Vegas Pets (for our occasional “Wednesday Las Vegas Pets” series.)
Parks & Recreation (focusing on the City’s public green spaces and Las Vegans in their leisure time)
Las Vegas History – a chance to share photographs from your collection of Las Vegas in the past.
Public art in Las Vegas – from murals to sculptures to festivals
Artists & Their Studios
Leaving Las Vegas – McCarran views & pictures from Southern Nevada day trips
Contributing photographers retain copyright of their images. Images will be used on The Daily Frame, and may be disseminated via social media including Facebook, Twitter and other platforms. All Daily Frames are included in a permanent archive.
• Questions? Contact us at ourlasvegas at gmail dot com.
Technical Information on submissions
• The Daily Frame uses a square format, although rectangular photographs are welcome. Note that accepted rectangular photographs will be cropped to fit the square format.
• Photographs taken with cell phones and mobile devices welcome!
• Daily Frames are currently published at 570 pixels by 570 pixels, but photographers can submit photographs of any size. Note that the submission of photographs smaller than 500 pixels by 500 pixels may be too small. If you’re not sure what size your photographs are, not to worry – just send them along.
• Please include a bio of yourself (this can be a few sentences– to a few hundred words, e.g. “Vic Vegas is a native Las Vegan, and has lived on Fremont Street since 1951. His job is greetings visitors. He is 40 feet tall.”)
• We encourage contributors to contribute text or more basic information about your photographs – when/where you took them, and any additional information you think will enhance the experience of Daily Frame viewers. We strongly encourage texts that help tell the story. Links also welcome!
• We work closely with photographers to ensure the quality of their Daily Frames. We welcome questions and suggestions.
• More Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us at ourlasvegas at gmail dot com
rev. Monday, December 21, 2016 9:45 PST