“Our Las Vegas” is delighted to announce our first public call for participation. All Las Vegans are invited to submit photographs for “The Daily Frame,” an artists project launched in 2012 with the generous support of the Las Vegas Arts Commission.
Please Note: while the June 15, 2014 deadline to submit work eligible for awards by the jury has passed, we still wholeheartedly encourage you to submit work for publication, and welcome your participation in the Daily Frame project!
• What is The Daily Frame?
At the rate of once every 24 hours, The Daily Frame features a photograph of/from/about the Radiant City and its brilliant, creative inhabitants.
The work of over 50 creatives have been featured so far.
With this call we encourage all Las Vegans to submit work for consideration. Your photographs can feature any aspect of the landscape and life in town.
• How much does it cost to participate?
It’s free. This is an entry fee-free project!
• How do I submit work?
Applicants are invited to submit up to five photographic files in .jpg format to our las vegas <at> gmail <dot> com (see technical details below)
Accepted entries will be featured in the months ahead.
Can I win anything?
Yes! A jury of esteemed Las Vegas creatives – arts professionals, cultural animators and artists – will select five winners or more who will each receive a $100. gift certificate from a variety of Las Vegas establishments. The current list includes trailblazers Fat Choy at the Eureka Casino and The Beat Coffee House at Emergency Arts. Check back in the days ahead as we add participating sponsors
What can I submit?
While all photographs will be considered we also hope to highlight a few series in the months ahead, including the following categories:
- Las Vegas at Work – celebrating Las Vegans that keep the City bustling with activity
- Downtown Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Neighborhoods
- Poolside (ideal for display during the hot summer months)
- Las Vegas Creatives * (portraits of Las Vegans – see note below *)
- Las Vegas at Night
- Las Vegas Pets
- Parks & Recreation (focusing on the City’s public green spaces and Las Vegans in their leisure time)
- Las Vegas History – a chance to share photographs from your collection of Las Vegas in the past.
- Public art in Las Vegas – from murals to sculptures to festivals
- Artists & Their Studios
- Leaving Las Vegas (McCarran views & pictures from Southern Nevada day trips
- * Photographs in this category should include the name(s) of the people featured in the portrait. For accepted work, we’ll contact you for additional details.
• When are my photographs due?
A group of esteemed Las Vegas creatives will meet to consider the first round of submissions after June 15, so photographers wishing to have their work considered for the prizes should submit their work before then. Note that photographs can be submitted any time.
Artists retain copyright of their images. Images will be used on the Daily Frame, and may be disseminated via social media, including the City’s and “Our Las Vegas'” Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. The images will be included in a permanent archive. “Our Las Vegas” and the Las Vegas Arts Commission reserve the right to use images for additional public information | publicity purposes.
• Questions? Contact us at our las vegas <at. gmail <dot> com !
Technical Information on submissions
• The Daily Frame uses a square format, although rectangular photographs are welcome. Note that accepted rectangular photographs will be cropped to fit the square format.
• Photographs taken with cell phones and mobile devices welcome!
• Daily Frames are published at 600 pixels by 600 pixels, but photographers can sumit photographs of any size. Note that the submission of photographs smaller than 500 pixels by 500 pixles may be too small. If you don’t know what size your photographs are, not to worry- just send them along.
• Please include a bio of yourself (this can be a few sentences, e.g. “Vic Vegas is a native Las Vegan, and has lived on Fremont Street since 1951. His job is greetings visitors. He is 40 feet tall,” – to a few hundred words.)
• Also include some information about your photographs – when/where you took them, and any additional information you think will enhance the experience of Daily Frame viewers.
• More Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us at ourlasvegas <at> gmail <dot> com
• P.S. Plans are in the works for a 2014 exhibition featuring Daily Frame Artists. Stay tuned!
More: April 14 Press Release
rev. Sunday, May 31, 2014 22:30 PDT